Excellent Filtration Solutions For Water and Wastewater Treatment
Wastewater treatment, we could also call sewage treatment, is a kind of water use. Nature has an amazing ability to cope with small amounts of water wastes and pollution, but it would be overwhelmed if we didn’t treat the billions of gallons of wastewater and sewage produced every day before releasing it back to the environment. Treatment plants reduce pollutants in wastewater to a level nature can handle. Wastewater also includes storm runoff. Although some people assume that the rain that runs down the street during a storm is fairly clean, it isn’t. Harmful substances that wash off roads, parking lots, and rooftops can harm our rivers and lakes.
Best Water and Wastewater Filtration Solution Provider
If wastewater is not properly treated, then the environment and human health can be negatively impacted. These impacts can include harm to fish and wildlife populations, oxygen depletion, beach closures and other restrictions on recreational water use, restrictions on fish and shellfish harvesting and contamination of drinking water. There is a wide range of applications that will lead to the discharge of wastewater, Brother Filtration will also offer a wide range and variety of filtration systems designed for various water filtration and wastewater treatment requirements.
Filtration Process of Water and Wastewater Treatment
Sewage water and industrial waste water can be treated and reclaimed for re-use. There are several steps involved in this treatment.
- As wastewater flows into the plant, screens catch the rags and tanks then trap the grit before the flow goes into the sedimentation tanks.
- Waste water and sewage is pumped underground to the lifting station where it is chemically treated and sent for separation and filtration; this process filters out solids larger than 13mm. The waste is then transported to a refuse facility and buried.
- For use of restricted agricultural and landscape reuse, the water after primary filtration coagulation,flocculation, and sedimentation could reach required standard.
- To meet the standards of industrial and domestic reuse, we have to do tertiary treatment:disinfection with UV light and further filtration with fine filters.
Flow Chart of Filtration for Water and Wastewater Treatment
Why is Filtration Important in Waste Water Treatment?
The potentially harmful effects of these substances in waste water can have on ecosystems and human health,filtration system can help us remove all most of them:
- It helps in removing particles and debris from wastewater making it possible toreuse the same water.
- Harmful chemicals and metals like lead are removed through filtration.
- Some types of filters can remove even the viruses and bacteria from the water thus making it safer for drinking.
- Filtration reduces environmental pollution since wastewater is filtered before it can be released into the environment.
Tips for an Efficient wastewater Treatment
The estimated number of wastewater treatment plants in the world is more than 50,000. Taking into account this large number of treatment plants, we have the responsibility to optimise the wastewater operations by increasing efficiency and reducing costs.
Standard safety requirements is a sound basis for wastewater treatment. Proper maintenance of machinery and equipment is a necessity. If your equipment fails, not only is it unsafe, but your facility is down for the count.
To increase efficiency of wastewater treatment we should exploit the possibilities of high technology solutions to optimise operations.For example,to increase filtration efficiency, we could adopt high flow cartridge filter instead of normal filter element, which is higher dirt capacity and lower cost.
Recommend Filter Element and Filter Housing for Water and
Membrane filter element: Membrane filtration uses a thin layer of semi-permeable membranes like RO which has the smallest pores to filter wastewater.The membrane allows only tiny materials to pass through it and the water is separated into retentate and permeates; radium, natural organic substances, pesticides, and pathogens are filtered through it.
Bag filter element: In small applications where waste is required to be reduced, a bag filter is recommended.Different bags have different size openings or pores which are measured in microns.
Reverse Osmosis: Reverse osmosis is the most effective filtration system since it can filter contaminants that other systems may find difficult to filter.The filter can remove 99.9% of salt and contaminants from various impure feed water sources like municipal and surface water.
Stainless steel filter housing: filters are used to remove minerals like nitrogen and phosphorus from the wastewater.In addition to these, the filters are also used to remove fats, oils, greases, and other chemicals from the wastewater. Stainless steel filter housing can do the job well as its good chemical resistance and large water capacity with smaller footprint.
How Do We Offer Best Filtration Solution for Water Treatment?
Brother Filtration is comprehensive distributor and manufacture of filtration products and services. We represent a world wide network of filter manufactures. For Over 10 years, Brother Filtration has been developing solutions that can effectively benefit you and your company.
- Dedication to the complete integration and implementation of a full line of filtration products.
- Focus on improving processes and the service life of filters.
- Commit to forming a mutually beneficial partnership